Vinaora Nivo Slider 3.xVinaora Nivo Slider 3.xVinaora Nivo Slider 3.x

If you are considering development activities in riparian areas*, a Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) may be required to carry out an assessment of your site.

As a QEP, TLC is able to determine the required streamside setback, design your project to minimize riparian areas impacts, identify potential mitigation or compensation measures, and engage local and regional government officials on your behalf.

TLC has the knowledge to collaborate with government regulators. Our goal is to find the best solution to the current situation.

For all your Riparian Areas Regulation Assessment needs, contact TLC at 1-250-306-5345 or via e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

* Riparian areas are zones which surround streams, lakes, and wetlands, where the water meets land. Is there a stream, lake waterfront, wetland, ditch or ravine on or nearby your property? If so, and if you plan residential, commercial, or industrial activity in the vicinity, Riparian Areas Regulations (RAR) may apply to you.

What activities within Riparian Areas do Riparian Area Regulations apply to?

  • - Removal, alteration, disruption or destruction of vegetation
  • - Disturbance of soils
  • - Construction or erection of buildings and structures
  • - Creation of nonstructural, impervious, or semi impervious surfaces
  • - Flood protection works
  • - Construction of roads, trails, docks, wharves and bridges
  • - Provision and maintenance of sewer and water services
  • - Development of drainage systems
  • - Development of utility corridors
  • - Subdivision